R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I had a great time at the Reedy this year.

The Facility was one of the best I have been to in 15 years of RC Racing. The announcing from Jesse and Charlie was great.

Tech was fast and fair. I would like to have seen Pre Race motor tech at all spec races from now on. I know it takes a little more time but it would stop the "Cheater" grumblings that were being thrown around as well as people calling each other out on motors and making it uncomfortable in the pits.

Eric and Kevin made the outside racers feel at home and were very helpful.

The locals did their homework and clearly had the advantages with setup and tire prep and it showed. Kudos to them as they won all 3 classes.

I have never been so out to lunch arriving at a race. My car was awful for quite a few practices but with help from my Top Team mates we were able to get our cars sorted out and actually pretty dang good by the weekend. Too bad our tire prep was still crap and this was part of our major issue. This and the tires not being consistent from set to set as well as unexpected cool weather not jiving with the tire compound choice.

This is something no one could of predicted.

The racing in invite was some of the best I have Seen. The epic battles between Marc, Ronald, Jilles, Paul, Viktor and the rest were not only awesome but clean for the most part.

The fun and jokes in the pits were definitely some of the highlights of the weekend and one of the reasons that attending these races is one of my favorite things to do. That and heckling Haynes and FJ.

Congrats to Norcal for another successful Reedy Race. And Congrats to all the winners.