R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-28-2012, 12:16 PM
8ight-e
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Yes, they do have them in stock as Amanda email me back very quickly saying that is what i ordered which i figured i did but id rather make sure as the anodized blue makes it look cheap and i dont have anything blue so i didnt want it anyways, lol

ok, sounds awesome...but what spacers do you recommend as i dont have anything other than stock and my original plan the shock caps were not even close to fitting as the top diameter was soo large that it hit on the bottom of the tower and i had these brackets anyways so i wasnt out anything and just had to drill out 2 holes for the stock body mounts then they come as the other 2 out of the 4 lined up.
As for the springs...should i just buy the 8ight shock kit that has a bunch of different springs and pistons and all that jazz or just buy a few certain sets like the red you said and something else...Our track is homemade and has big jumps with the biggest 1 having a flat landing(not my choice for sure) as it is 2-55 gal drums laying on there sides and end to end to get 4' wide for track and then the 2nd set the same way but usually i slow roll the first to set up for the 2nd jump

Also, what do you mean droop pads...yer getting technical on me, lol???
Are those the little allen screw on the arms that hit the chassis? i have them in stock position as i have never messed with them if thats what your talking.
I had it like this on the 810 stock with the 8ight fuel tank which was 130cc rather than the 80 something that was stock but it did pretty well but again i dont race it so never really paid that close of attention
Ya droop pads go under the grub on the chassis so the chassis doesn't wear. not really needed w/ the scte since you don't really use the droop setting. With the longer 8ight shocks you will need to, there are no stock holes so you will need to drill and tap for the 4/40 8ight droop pads. This is pretty painless, can buy drill/tap sets most anywhere.

I wouldn't buy the full 8ight spring set if I were you.. again depending on your weight silver front green rear maybe all you need.

The spacer.. basically a 2.75mm to 3mm spacer between the shock tower and stock bushing both front and rear is all you need to get clear of the shock towers.

The scte body mounts are super cheap, snag a set off ebay or the parts you need from a lhs.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 05-28-2012 at 04:33 PM.