R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 03:13 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey DS what's that spring purpose on the mugen front bumper?

If I use 4 hole piston up front and 6 hole piston in rear would I get better steering than using overall 6 hole piston.

Also what the pro and cons of running, front 197mm track width and rear 200mm track width VS 197mm track width and rear 198mm track width.

Thanks
Because the Mugen bumper is made out of a (too) soft material the tips kept dragging the ground in high speed corners. The spring keeps the bumper straight and of the ground.

The 4 hole piston up front will provide less steering compared to the 6 hole one. It will stiffen up the front damping which will cause less weight transferred to the front of the car during braking.

Don't know, never tried it. I believe you should always try running the rear as wide as is allowed for maximum traction. I run the front between 196-198mm. I'm still trying to get the car as fast with a 199-200mm wide front but it's hard to get the same feeling.

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey people i just keep bending front lower pillow by just clipping the apex.

Never had this sort of issue with any other of my cars, i can understand that the Cap pillow balls are very light weight but they seem to be quite soft since they are hollow.

Any suggestions exluding of not clipping the APEX
Try the Xray original steel ones, they are a bit stronger but also quite a bit heavier.
The hollow bit doesn't make them any weaker, the thin neck which connects the threaded part to the ball is the part which bends. They made the neck thinner so you are able to run a lot of steering throw on tight, technical tracks.

If you keep having trouble in one corner just take a little less risk and run it a bit wider. It's better to loose a tiny amount of time compared to breaking the car.