R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 06:06 AM
CobraWasHere
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've only had mine for a few days but I'm loving this car! It's a HUGE upgrade from a 1/16 scale car, as far as off-roading and handling bumps goes. I've de-decaled most of the body and wing, reamed some holes above the motor (so that I can read the motor temp without removing the body), replaced the center diff fluid with 100k, geared up to 19/22, had to remove the ESC on/off switch due to malfunction, and I also changed the ESC settings via CastleLink. My settings are stock except for... 30% punch control and 25% braking. So far I've only run 4s and 5s, and the 3s that I use in series for 5s is seeming to puff, although it's a brand new hardcase battery. Will this puffing diminish with time? With this gearing though I'll have to stick to the street, since with the stock gearing and 4s I was seeing temps of 150-160F here in hot TX (though it was 90F ambient). The pavement was 130F yesterday! Pretty soon I'll be replacing fluid in the front/rear diffs and shocks, as well as cleaning/oiling the bearings. I'm so glad that I was so lucky in buying a used Vorza! Oh, and my 6s is en route.

Also, when using the scriptasylum speedcalc, which car (or gear ratios) do we select for these cars?

For those interested in speed running, I've found some tires that won't balloon. They're meant for 1/8 GT cars and they're belted, so this is why they don't balloon. I'm too new to post links, but go to sweepracingusa.com and look for the 1/8 GT EXP belted treaded radials. I got 4 of them premounted/shipped for $70.

Last edited by CobraWasHere; 05-27-2012 at 06:37 AM.