R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 AM
foampervert
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by talbotbid011
A

Alex I have a Kyosho. My points are valid. I have made quite a bit of money as a mechanical engineer. I have an understanding of manufacturing processes.that you might also have - or not. If you did understand economies of scale then it would be clear to you that Kyosho is using their pedigree to manipulate the price. We see it all the time...you name it from nike shoes to oakley glasses the perception of the product dictates what comsumers are willimg to pay regardless of measurable performance differences.

One cannot isolate the dollar yen exchange as the reason why Kyoshos are more expensive because if that was the case then the Mugens pricing would be comparable to the Kyosho...but they manage to sell it at a price point closer to the the rest of the offerings in this respective class.

It is the responses of people like you that I have chosen to stop talking about Kyoshos because any critisism is not met objectively...instead what you have to offer is "I am pissed because I really want one but cant afford it".

Maybe it is your head (the one that should be doing the majority of your thinking) that should be contained within the Durex...
I don't mean as a personal jibe, and I do actually know understand how marketing, manufacturing(I am also a mechanical engineer) and economic forces work.

What I'm saying is: kyosho has placed a product out in the market at a certain price point because of whatever reason they care to give (or whatever they think they can get away with). However, they are NOT forcing people to drive their cars! One can choose (freely) to purchase a kyosho, or not.
Also, I have absolutely no issues with people who drive other makes! My believe is that drivers make the race, the car helps.
On this note, I'll just say that anyone who has bought a kyosho, does so with the FULL knowledge that they are paying a premium, and are willing to. Not because they are forced to.
Kyosho drivers can't help if drivers of other makes, make an issue with our choices, can we? Just cos we choose Kyosho, we're either fanboys, or idiots or elitist asses? C'mon now.
If the author of this thread bought a mbx6, I'd say "go going! Welcome to off-road! Don't matter which buggy you choose, is all good?"
Let's try to keep the threads positive and helpful, in this case... To help the author make a decision on buggy makes. Negative comments just seem to make people seem bitter about their chosen hobby.

-Alexander