R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wait for CR8 or buy D8 hard
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:08 PM
redbones
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Just for the record. Jesse and/or Josh stated that it was their intention to market two buggys. The CR8 was to be upscale and the D8 was down a tad in price. Whether it will happen, who knows.

Since the long arm D8 conversion seems to have proved to be useful, perhaps the CR8 is being long armed and that is the delay. Again, time will tell.
It'd be nice if there were two chassis, kind of like how Tamiya has different "grades" for the same class. But, there are huge differences between the TRF and TA versions. The TA series can be made competitive if you put enough money into it. But at that point, you might as well buy the TRF grade. But here is the catch. On/off-road electric has a stock and mod class. The two cars mentioned are effective in respect to what class they were designed for. So their existence has a purpose.

What about nitro? -only one class. So why would you buy something that won't work too well against the "higher" end cars unless you spend lots of money? This becomes even more of a moot point when the D8 already can hold its own.

I think HB tried too hard in making something innovative while not letting go of what they had. I don't think you can have both. Now they are moving in the direction that the RC8 did, convertible but different. Result?: a car that works with extended product life. I waited an entire year for the CR8, only to be disappointed. I hope HB can get something good out by the end of the year.