R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Doing Away With Boosted....
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lessen
Where Chaz and I race, nobody runs boosted. We run 17.5 blinky and NEVER hear anybody whining about people cheating or spending loads of money on batteries and burning motors. The only guys burning motors are the newbies that havn't got the gearing/motor timing figured out yet. Even when our club hosts large events I hear no complaining and I don't think there was a class of TC outside of mod and 17.5 blinky at the last larger event.
When I first started racing at The Gate it was all boosted. The guys winning, and with the fast cars had all their equipment figured out and were using top end equipment. The cars, overall, were a lot faster and there was a much larger spread from the top of the pack to the bottom. Same guys were at the front then and are still there now with the switch to blinky. Main difference is there are noticeably more willing to play. People burned motors in blinky and boosted. The reasonably intelligent ones adjusted accordingly. The others spent a lot of money or quit.