R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro 1:8 Nitro Buggy parts list
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Maxxed-out
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gingerdom101 View Post
it isn't letting me post a url (nitrotek.co.uk/condor-self-build-nitro-rc-buggy-kit) is this a complete kit, with you saying the price should be around 390 is this no good?
Depends on what you are wanting to do. Few things to keep in mind, part availability, product support, durability, and reliability. You get what you pay for, so I would say this would not be a good buy in my opinion. You should stick with a major brand so when you do break something you will have parts available. I would go to your local hobby shop and see what they carry or recommend. If you are looking at getting in to racing the Losi RTR 8ight 2.0 is a good starting point. Its going to cost about $650 or so, which seems high now but if you get a cheap buggy you will just be wasting your money and you will end up buying something better when you tear up the cheap one. Also, you will never be able to sell the cheap one once you are ready to get rid of it. At least with the higher end stuff it has some resell value. Hope this helps.