R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
jerweezy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
ran the csi blue pistons today, definitely an improvement over the stock 5 hole pistons for sure.

i started at 60 wt and 50 wt associated oil front and rear, respectively. this was to light on the bench for sure, but i tried it anyway. the car soaked up the bumps incredibly well, there were imperfections in the track i didnt even know existed, thats how much and how quick the suspension was working with these pistons. the front of the car bottomed out easily, i switched to 70 wt and the car felt way better. i bumped up the rear to 60 wt and the car was even better. overall i am happy with 70/60 wt f/r, the 70 seems to be a bit high, the front wasnt working as much as what it was with the 60 wt.

i am running the 8.0 springs up front and kyosho yellow with the truggy tower out back. i tried the new 8.75 springs in the back, but the car just works better through the corners with the yellow kyosho springs.
Are you using ae oil? Running stock rear towers or truggy towers? What type of track are you running this set up?