R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Discharging/Equalising
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 10:19 PM
picco007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Re: Discharging/Equalising

Originally posted by berger
Myself and raving-monkey were having a discussion about this on msn, now i think the correct/accepted technique for this is to put the cells on a 30A discharge down to 0.9V and then tray the cells down to your personal preference after your race. Can someone confirm or deny this is the best way and reasons why. Thanks.

I know what many people are doing here where we race. Before we start charging a pack we discharge the pack on an equalizing tray (rayspeed in my case). One note to make, is that the weekend before after I finish racing I discharge my packs down to 5.40 volts per pack (6 cell of course). Then the next weekend, placing the pack on the tray really doesn't take long. After they are done on the tray, I start charging.

We have found that we can push more mah's into the pack when the pack has be equalized before charging.

Hope this helps, remember this is something we have be just doing here where we race and this by no means is the way your SUPPOSE to do it. It's just what we have been doing.