R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New MRT ESC
Thread: New MRT ESC
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Herminator
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Terry_S
X2, there is always the possibility of being available in different colours to suit different chassis. Lucky most chassis are black, we got that right then! (joking). Yes you mean the colour of the ally bits etc, none in orange (don't think so) so it's blue, purple, red and silver (any other colours?). Our Vtrac speed controllers were purple for quite some time. As I said, it's a possibility, not ruling that one out. We do aim to give our customers exactly what they require in all departments!!
Actually there is the Web Special Barracuda R2 that has nice bright orange anodizing
I don't think there would be a big market for them though, only 100 Cuda's were made in orange and most of them are in Japan...
Blue and purple are bound to be popular choices.

I see your point about the plugs being close to each other, although the Keyence manages it, the Keyence is also wider though.
I had a VX Pro for quite some time, always worked well and customer service certainly was good. It's nice not to be charged an arm and a leg for servicing, just the simple parts cost.

So far it does have a pretty similar look to the MTroniks Cubed, but how many ways are there to design a small rectangular box with solder tabs?

I don't see any buttons yet, will you be going with the large VX style or the small ones many other manufacturers use where you need something like a body clip to press it?