R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wollow86
You could continue to hop up your s to XI spec?

If you think about it though, what would be different on an XI S over a zero s? The only common parts between an s and zero out of the box would be the arms, shims, screws, bumper...etc. if instead of buying alloy zero bulk heads, alloy XI ones were purchased, you could follow the upgrade path to the XI. Form what I can think of the only plastic parts not common between the two is the rear arms.

From zero spec, the major changes would be:

- Lower chassis: moves motor mount forward, different battery securing method, and on the DH split blocks. Also flex.
- upper deck: flex
- dual bell crank steering
- bulk head covers: allowing finer control of roll center changes and camber gain.
- narrow rear arms

Other then that, the only other difference is the diff mounting cams screw into place, and the rear bulkhead had the belt tensioner in it.
Oh I agree. I don't think a xi would perform any better than my zero just like I don't think my zero performs any better than a stock sakura s. It would just be cool to do an xi. I had a blast building my s into a zero and I did it only because it was fun. Upgrading a xi s model would be fun too. I will have to think about taking a zero s to an xi. I might try it just for fun.