R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need a couple of brushless questions answered
Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcduder
yup anytime when i had the t4.1 it wasn't as bad in forward as a lot of sensorless systems but it did happen at the track mostly because of varying from throttle to neutral to brake frequently is what causes cogging to start acting up

and like i said im here to help anytime so if u got any more questions feel free to ask or you can PM me, especially about the t4.1 if you need any setup help or advise on anything

Yeah, I had issues in reverse with the Castle MMP. I went to a sensored 7.5 Reedy Sonic and burned out the sensor board in a 4 minute run of the main. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get performance from the motor without frying it. When I got home, I saw my esc was running in SMART mode, sensored at low throttle and sensorless at higher throttle. I have no idea if that whats toasted the sensor board or if its because i was geared wrong. So like a gas motor I am tuning for a temp? What temperature range should i look for in 13.5? or even 7.5, since i plan to fix the motor. My battery or room temp after a 8 minute main, the esc is just warm and the motor takes the flesh from my fingers...Just kidding, but I cant hold my figure to it after I finish marshaling the race after mine.

Also, I am thinking of ditching the MMP for my LRP Sphere Competition V2 from 3 years ago. It just feels smoother to me, maybe its my imagination.