R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:22 AM
CarbonJoe
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by M3Armand
p.s. - since the Hotwire seems to be dictated by the Timing Profile setting, why not just have 7 check boxes for the Timing Profile (1-5, C1, C2) and then expose/hide all the relevant settings for brake, throttle, boost, turbo, reverse, etc.. at the same time? I find it a pain to toggle back and forth in between tabs trying to remember what each of those setting were. I work for a "major" software company one of many things we do is "user interface experience". Since I've been a fan of Tekin for 25 years, I'd love to put in any helpful suggestions that I can to keep you successful (I was heartbroken when Tekin was "lost" for a while). Also, the color choices makes it very difficult to read. PM me if your interested and I can even draw up a mock up if you'd like.
Sorry to nitpick, but check boxes aren't the way to select mutually exclusive items like a timing profile. Either radio buttons, or a drop down list. I will agree that the UI needs to be cleaned up, which would also make it easier to port Hotwire to other devices.

Or, Tekin could make a simple programming box like the HobbyWing one.