R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Singapore 1/5 scale
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
nyq_88
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chilling
Hi supa Mario,

Thanks for ur reply.

Any recommendations on what set to buy for the baja?

I'm looking at the 5b rtr set. But I see it has an fm radio. Then there is the ss, that comes as a kit. I kinda would enjoy putting it together and wouldn't mind getting a better radio.

This will just be a part time hobby for me, so I'm not much into upgrades and speed etc. more for the occasional bash around with frens. will the 5b be sufficient to get in the hobby without having to spend much on upgrades. Else do u recommend that there will be a lot of upgrades required even for a casual user that it will be more cost effective to get the ss in the end as a lot of upgrades are provided already.

Lastly, how is the radio? If its no good, what would u recommend getting . This will be my first car since the 90s when I was younger. I do fly rc planes and Helis now.

Many thanks
actually if you are thinking of getting hpi why dont you look at the 5sc rtr or even the 5sc ss http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.8785/.f

it has all the latest hpi stock parts that are much better than the original 5b rtr. i do recommend getting a better radio as we have seen our fair share of run aways. quite a few of us are using futaba.

overall the 5sc will be a better buy than a 5b although its slightly bigget because of the body shell but it has all the updated parts that hpi offers. if you do not intend to mod this would be a better choice though its slightly more expensive.