R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 AM
rc skyline
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think one important thing to remember which has been mentioned but perhaps not thought about much is that not all clubs have to stop racing at 4/5Pm

Many clubs can run under lights, and just thinking out loud here but I have thought to myself could we have had lights for one night at this event and then had 150 happy drivers entered, Lights can be hired for $500 a night or less if you do your homework and the club would be nearly 3k ahead just in entries alone not to mention turnover at the canteen etc been much greater

Like I say I am just thinking out loud and I am sure that this club has done the best they can and thought about all the options and this event will be run as it is now set which is fine but considering that many clubs can run under lights I think makes Craig’s suggestion a perfect solution and means allot of this debate is in fact pretty pointless

I agree three day meets for now must be the go, I also believe we have to have as many people racing as possible and I for one would be happy to do one less 7 minute qualifier to see another 50 entries & the sport thriving etc

I don’t think it’s about been selfish... limiting all these events to 120 drivers when more want to attend or possibly could, I personally think its just plain stupid!

I also find it interesting to note that some of the fastest drivers in the country are happy to drop a round and would like to see a larger racing scene

It is all very well to say if you get in early and pay early you get a spot at the event and if you miss out too bad but that’s got to be the most unproductive way of looking at this situation possible, weather you get in early or late if there are 200 people that want to race and only 120 spots 80 people miss out as they cant all dam well enter at the same time can they!

Like I said though, why are we even having this debate when it's known that many clubs holding these events will be able to run into the night and have longer days which means we will indeed fit in more people if possible

The way I see it is we should be aiming to make the racing scene as big as we can and aim to have the highest numbers possible, to the point where we have to go back to 4 day meets to keep people happy and fit in all the racing and that by doing so it has a better turnout than a three day meet. So yeah 3 day meets now to boost the numbers which I think is why we are doing three day meets (sometimes i wonder) and then 4 day meets when the racing scene is that big we simply have to, isn’t that what we should be aiming for?, imagine how good it would be if the racing scene was that big in Australia

Dave