R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 AM
hyper7vspec
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
After they rebuilt the track, they have a club meet 3 days before the event (sunday). I call that "practice day for the coming event". Is this INCORRET?.

If we can not give a virgin track to all the competitors then we have to give them all the possible option to have the equal practice time, for everyone, before the start of the event on friday.

If this process is going to be done ,from few driver on sunday and for the rest of the other drivers on thursday i don t understand where the problem is.

Give an advantage to some and a disadvantage to other should be and it is avoided in every sport around the world.

You say that, open the track on thursday would defeat the 3 day event but that has been already defeted when they opened the track on sunday.

So if you practice on a virgin track 3days before the event is ok, but if you want to practice 1day before the event is not ok because that would give to everyone the some advantage
Dude, honestly...

The 3 day event is attracting a larger number of entries than the previous 4 day format.This was the idea behind the 3 day meet.

If you open the track thursday, it's another day to add to your leave for the race meet and it's a 4 day meet again. Now you have drivers feeling at a large 'disadvantage' if they miss a day of practice so mostly everyone will fly in Wednesday night. This IS now a 4 day meet again.....you may as well just have the old format.

Track time is NEVER going to be the same unless a virgin track is offered, as had been discussed it is not ideal for the club. They want to test run the surface and have cars and water into it before hosting a big meet. And for some clubs is just not Do-able with the small membership base.

If you point is that YOU feel disadvantaged because the locals practiced on the track the Sunday before, then fly over Sunday?

A vast majority of racers will fly over Thursday arvo and just run the given practices rounds and be happy with that.

The idea is to reduce time off work, accom, car hire ect to entice more people to come race, and this IS working!!! Just look at WA and QLD entries, they are much larger than previous years. If you want to add Thursday practice then you are just increasing the cost to all the non locals and are defeating the purpose of what is trying to be achieved.

In the end, on Sunday everybody will be at their natural pace regardless of practice.

Nationals was proof, I was as fast as the guys who flew In for the 'pre nats'. And I'm sure if I was the only driver in the country to do pre nats that the same drivers who beat me anyway would have done so by the same margin.

I understand your point, but it's kind of defeating what accrcmcc are trying to achieve.