R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3
Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 PM
marco cianfrone
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Completely agree, the fact of the matter is we get a lot of track time as it is. 4-5 qualifiers at a big meet is heaps. And as Matt said, we should get used to it if we are going to get large numbers.

And Marco, what your saying is 80% of the field have practiced on the track??

That's incorrect.

We we hold our state titles we will have an advantage, every states locals have an advantage over travelling racers at the moment unless a virgin track is offered. Opening the track Thursday for practice just defeats the whole purpose of the 3 day meetings. For a 4 day meet you would have to arrive on Wednesday.....I don't see what your argument is getting at?
After they rebuilt the track, they have a club meet 3 days before the event (sunday). I call that "practice day for the coming event". Is this INCORRET?.

If we can not give a virgin track to all the competitors then we have to give them all the possible option to have the equal practice time, for everyone, before the start of the event on friday.

If this process is going to be done ,from few driver on sunday and for the rest of the other drivers on thursday i don t understand where the problem is.

Give an advantage to some and a disadvantage to other should be and it is avoided in every sport around the world.

You say that, open the track on thursday would defeat the 3 day event but that has been already defeted when they opened the track on sunday.

So if you practice on a virgin track 3days before the event is ok, but if you want to practice 1day before the event is not ok because that would give to everyone the some advantage