R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Panasonic Ultra Metal 3000!?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 03:12 PM
MattW
Tech Master

Has no body worked out yet that there is such a small difference between the 2 different types of cell that it really doesn't matter. We haven't got any Ultras in the UK yet, but if you ask 10 people which is the better cell - the SMH, or Sanyo HV it would be very evenly split as everybody has a view.

As to say that your HV's are outdated already, that is also rubbish as they are still the current model from Sanyo.

The cell market is as volatile as i have ever seen it, you have 2 companies genuinely fighting it out to produce the best cell possible. The 3000NiMh is the first time that Panasonic have really tried to compete. They have had a go before, but as soon as Sanyo bettered them, they gave up. Not this time!!

Personally i don't think you can worry about it, I usually buy new cells at the start of the season and buy what i considder to be the best cell that is available to me at the time.

Fortunately we have what i believe to be much more stable rules in the UK. New cells are only placed on the list once a year. THis takes place on 1st April, but the cells must have been submitted by 31 december to be put on the list. Hence Ultras need to be submitted before the end of this year, so that they can be put on the list for 1st Apr 2003.

Problems can only arise should a new cell appear in teh old shrink - as the 3000HV did initially at the last meeting of last season.