R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Super Clod Buster, Anyone Running these close to Stock? V.CLODNEWBIE
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Kbabiasz
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Super Clod Buster, Anyone Running these close to Stock? V.CLODNEWBIE

I just bought A Chrome SuperClod off ebay a month or so ago to replace the Tmaxx I sold 2years ago. The clod was Near new, completley stock. I searched around a few of the bigger R/C forums, and dont see many Clods that are stock anymore, a large majority of them have been modified to the point to where you cant tell what it started off as.

So Im curious, and also have questions about upgrading. I know Clods have been discontinued on 3 occasions and have been around for many years, and that there are a wide variety of upgrades for them, But i have yet to find a site that has a clear list of good quality aftermarket parts for the clod, or even a list of newer more modern parts that will work on the clod that are technically built for other models. Most websites have a dozen or so threads all with different advice, but the threads are also a couple years old.

Im looking to keep my clod as close to stock in appearance as possible.
The parts Im looking to upgrade are
Servo, I have a traxxas 2075 blue servo, would like to get a metal gear servo
Steering rods as the stock ones bend easily
Shocks, for both performance and appearance
Bearings
Wheels and tires
And eventually the ESC and motors
I would also like to waterproof/sand proof it if anyone has suggestions.

Obviously, for each one of the parts I listed, there are dozens upon dozens of aftermarket items. But what, if any, newer more modern parts would be the way to go? I dont crawl or bash it, usually just race it around the street, or the beach. And will be taking it camping soon, so im sure I will run it through dirt and mud, and then snow in the winter.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.