R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question on Losi 8ight 1.0 bearings and "mystery piece"
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM
WindsorRacing
Tech Initiate

Default Question on Losi 8ight 1.0 bearings and "mystery piece"

Hello all. New to the sport and I am hoping someone can assist me in cleaning bearings on the front suspension and also identifying a broken part. I have uploaded a picture for reference.

The part- In the picture, there is a small metal piece that wraps around the front of the car from an attachment on the a-arm. It connects to the same spot on the other a-arm. In the picture, the piece is broken off just after the second connection on the front. Can anyone tell me what that piece is and how I can order a replacement?

The bearings- I was told to check and oil the bearings since I just purchased a used car. I removed the wheel expecting to see some bearings exposed. Instead I just found the stub axle and wheel nut. On the inside of the steering arm/hub, there is a piece that the drive shaft connects to. No bearings are visible. This is a rookie question, but is the bearing location I am to be looking for? If so, how to I clean and oil?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tim Phone 971.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	918240