R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
jpcopeland1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Blair
jpcopeland1 if you wanna try losi springs here is something to try.
I just started runing the 210 last week but work at my track 3 days a week so I got some good tuning time. There is no comparison this car loves the shorty packs. My 22 didnt change much with the shorty but the 210 to me became more responsive and reacted faster with the shorty. As far as losi springs I have found a shock setup that is working great on my car. To me the 6 hole pistons didnt feel like they had enough pack so I took the blank pistons and drilled some 4 hole 56 pistons with 22.5 oil and whit springs on rear and orange up front and my car was REAL good. A local die hard AE driver drove my car saturday and sold his b4.1 on sunday. Glad I decided to try the car after the shock change I am lovin it.
That was the exact matchup of losi springs I was thinking of trying. orange fronts, white rears. For my pistons I stuck with the stock Durango pistons and epoxied 2 holes shut. I have spare sets so glueing holes shut isnt a big deal, and they've help up. Using regular CA wouldnt stand up to the rigors of off-road, the seals would pop out. As far as oil goes, I stuck with 30 all around, helped my car land a little smoother without excessive chassis slap, and it soaks up the rhythm section a bit better then lighter oil. However changing out springs may make me have to go to a lighter oil.