R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:45 AM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Being a big track, it's probably aero. Try a different body or the same body mounted farther forward. AMR12 can be very pushy in fast sweepers so if that's what you're running, try something else.
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
I agree. Moving the body forward 1/8 makes a huge difference. It's surprising.
Originally Posted by Radio Active
Hey guys I need some advice. I tend to think of myself as fairly knowledgeable when it comes to 12th set-up these days, but every time I go to a particular track I have huge problems with the car pushing on the high speed corners. I've even gone to the trouble of setting my car up identically to other cars there and it is clearly only a problem with my car. Pod movement is free and the vehicle is well maintained.

The track is a large outdoor track used for Nitro racing as well. When I race indoors I have no such problems.

The only thing I can think of is the diff setting. I tend to run the diff fairly tight. A lot of what I've read suggests that you should always set your diff the same way, while other people think it should be used as a tuning aid. Should I be running the diff looser outdoors for the high speed corners?
In addition to Aero
Make sure you have enough ride height
Outdoor tracks mostly have more bumps than indoors, check the bottom of the chassis to see if it's dragging, that can cause all sort of handling issues