R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2011
Thread: Xray T3 2011
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 AM
rshair
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
I have added an extra 1mm under the steering knuckles (outside of steering link arms) for a total of 3mm I think.

Running on rubber / asphalt, small to medium track size, medium grip. Front is 2 degrees toe out. Using Ride 28's, have tried 32's, muchmore 32's etc, most others having good success with all of these tyres.

Essentially, it feels like I'm pushing lubed up front wheels around the track.

I'll try raising the outside rear camber links and maybe lowering the inside. Should I do this for front and rear of the car? Also, what effect does reducing rear toe have?

Someone else also suggested softer springs so might get some to try and see if that helps.
assume you are running spool front? for me spool tends to understeer. i am also running on asphalt, low-medium grip and medium track outdoors. without buying anything you can:
1. run kit setup 350 cst with 3 holes front and rear unless you are running that already. you can try 4 holes to get more roll but too soft shocks leads to overheating tires then there is no grip
2. run short camber link in the front to increase the camber rise. static camber should be 1.5 deg all round. or adjust as you please.
3. run the -0.75 suspension arm holders to give more roll (front and rear), not a favorite but you will get more roll.
4. run the diffs in lower position
5. remove some of the screws from the top deck, you can try removing 2 from the rear first (the motor bulk heads) and then 2 from the front and see how it goes. more flex should give some grip
6. with some elbow grease you can cut the rear bit of the top deck and joins together near the motor end, there was a posting of this somewhere in this forum. worked for me.
7. reduce the wheelbase of the car on the rear, should get some better turn in. you can push in the rear anti roll bar so that it sticks out by 2 mm and push in the front anti roll bar as much as possible. some say it is better to reduce the wheelbase from the front rather than rear.
8. you can reduce the track width in the front a little but you need to experiment and find that balance. you may get something but you lose others.

if you plan to remove that spool, try a gear diff in the front, 150 k diff oil and adjust as you see fit. if you plan to buy then you can get the rear diff as well, get some springs, anti roll bars.

you can try soft inserts (even low profiles) to give you with more air gap.