R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 10:14 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mad Mackem
The McMenemy era, I was there for his first game in charge. I was invited to a pre-game lunch and he gave a speech. You would have thought it was the second comming when he walked out before the game. How wrong can you be.
The boy McMenemy was kicked out at that stage - that's why Sunderland where in the 3rd division in the first place. I'd been the previous season just after McMenemy had been kicked out and Sunderland had brought Lord Bob Stoke back in to try and rescue them from falling into the 3rd. He couldn't, but he was still imortilised by his efforts - it was a fantastic atmosphere even though they went down.

Is racing big in Germany? Is Xray the most popular car? I have three. A FOC a BMI FOC with short arms and a Factory Kit. Just returned fron Hong Kong with the FK and a boat load of spares. The hobby shops there were not what I expected but I ended up filling my cases anyway. Prices are around half the price in OZ.
Huge, matey, huge! Within three quaters of an hour from where I live, there are about 4 or 5 top outdoor tracks - really top condition and facilities. There is one indoor track which is also three quaters of an hour away, so what ever the weather, I can drive
I drive electric after the nitro season is over. Nitro season runs from April-Oct here, so it is a good split.

Definately Tamiya is the bigger player. I have the EVO III, but was dissapointed with the problems it had, so I decided to replace it with either an Xray FK or a Tamiya 415. I bought both and will be testing them soon to see which one I want to keep. You can read the first part of my review of both cars at www.3hobby.com
Prices in Germany are good enough that in most cases it isn't actually worth it to order from Hong Kong or wherever.

What's the scene like there in Oz?

Cheers, Mark.