R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
losi_racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Retired09
Any chance we could change from heads up starts to IFMAR starts? I tried to think of the negatives of IFMAR starts and can only think of one!

Positives of IFMAR:

1) No sitting idling on track (nitro motors do not like that)
2) No going in circles bumping into each other while trying to keep your motor running/cleaned out.
3) No burning fuel while waiting for restarts after flame outs.
3) Clock starts in 30 secs. Gives every one about 70 seconds to get across the start line (30 + 40 for leader to get first lap in)
4) Much safer for marshals. (5 vehicles piled up after the triple with 5 more coming at you airborne)
5) Better marshaling, as you can not blame a marshal for not diving in the middle of the above mess.
6) Much less broken parts! Not really the money to fix but the frustration of not being able to race.
7) If a few racers want to have heads up racing, they are more than welcome to cross the start line at the same time, without the effects of the above.
8) etc, etc

Negatives:

1) Hobby stores sell way less parts!!!!!!!!

Above is just for consideration. Either way, I love racing at Fear Farm and the comroderey with the racers!!!!!

Actually Heads up Start is better and im pretty sure most will agree. You can actually race and push your self, its hard doing that with just a clock, not actually knowing the exact spacing without a car right in front of you. Me and CJ were battling a few weeks ago and it was IFMAR style on accident, we started at the same time but i crossed the line about .5 sec behind him, i actually passed him on the track and finished 2nd, starting at the same time inst the same in ifmar.

your first 4 reasons are all related to tune( btw you have them numbered wrong). your motor should be able to sit for a while and not flame out, yes it can load up and flame after a good min of sitting but if your sitting there for a minute you left pit way to early. And for Kenny waiting for restarts thats totally his call, IMO that shouldn't happen in qualifiers , and you get 1 min call in the mains

the triple argument has nothing to stand on, people crash their the whole race, this is usually where i Marshall, people try it when they shouldnt, this just takes practice to learn when and when you shouldnt take a jump. As far as safe for marshals, they shouldnt go out getting the car if more people are coming over the jump, they gotta think safe, and if people are complaining about a marshal not getting their car all i gotta say is its YOUR FAULT YOU CRASHED. enough said! and people break parts wither your have heads up or ifmar.