R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I see more old racers than new ones. What I mean is guys that raced when they were young and then get back into it when they're older and they've got some disposable income. That's how I got started back up 6 years ago. I bet it's a similar story for most people at the track.

New blood is great, and we should embrace it as best we can. But this is a difficult, expensive, often frustrating hobby, and it has to compete with things like video games, Internet, TV, and to some extent, the instant gratification of off-road. Because on the dirt, even if you're not good, you can still get a little thrill as your car goes flying through the air and smashes into 15 other cars on the track. In on-road, you just break.

Lot's of guys have gone through two major races in the past month, and more like 3 if you consider nats. Take a week or two off, remind yourself how much you love this hobby, and then come back refreshed.

Summer slows a bit, especially after the end of the traditional carpet season. Things will pick back up. Keep practicing, working on your game, and looking to IIC as the next big challenge, and you'll emerge from the summer a better racer.