R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
olhipster1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
I just ordered the new MI4CXL and am expecting it to be here soon. Any tips when building a new kit? What are the do's and dont's? any modifications?

One thing a local racer reccommended was to take all of the bearings, let them sit in rubbing alcohol to remove the grease, and then add a light oil to them. wrong? right?
What's going on....
The kit is very easy to build.
YouTube "Mi4 or Mi3" there should be a few videos on how to build diffs and shocks...
diffs
- will say the hardest part is putting on the fence (outside part to hold belt in).
The trick is to take an exacto knife and scrape the inner edge off the fence..then it just snaps into place.
(do the same for the pulley fence)...same process in the MI3 thru Mi4CXL
-don't forget to follow the instruction when building the diff...the lock grub screw is super important.

shocks
-they go together very easy. just choose the correct o-ring. Red or blue are fine. the clear is going to leak.
butter smooth.

bearings
-i just oiled mine right from the box (no cleaning). still on my original set.

spool
Use the black plastic outdrives in the front and Grey soft in the rear. Greys are softer and when used in the front it bind the bones eventually.

No modifications needed to make the car work..just find the right setup for your driving style.
the rest is very easy...same as building others.

*Suggest* get a few extra spur gears...other brand spur gear do not fit the car.
layout electronics with the motor in the most forward position...this will give you the largest window for spur and pinion combination. There is a lot of room, double what most other brands have.

A few pages back I uploaded a setup (for CLX but on CX sheet) I've been using and there a number of others on the Schumacher website.

Last edited by olhipster1; 05-02-2012 at 03:01 PM.