R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New car project TC6-C
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 AM
daleburr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
Nice work Dale, been following the thread, but wanted to comment so I see the updates

What belt length/teeth count are you uisng or need? I have accumilated a large database of belt lengths etc. I used the stiffer ones to get the right count and then manged to find some RC ones - it really freed up the transmission nicely. I'm sure you've done the research, but the offer's there if you need it.

I've been getting a few bits made up from Fibre-Lyte lately, their turnaround and quailty is great, it really brings the project to life to get some sexy CF on the car

Look foward to the next update.

Best
Chris
I've had parts made by Fibre-Lyte in the past, their carbon is definitely the sexiest around! Once the prototype is tested to work out the bugs, the design will be going to them for a CF version.

The belt sizes are 68t, 92t and 97t, which I don't think are used by any RC cars (I found a big list here http://www.melbrc.org/vB/showpost.ph...52&postcount=1).

If the belts are causing an issue I can either sand them down to reduce their thickness, or look at getting Bando belts which is what most TCs use. I've found a supplier; they're about $12 per belt and will need cutting to width, so they're a last resort!

I run a Novak data logger on my cars so I can see RPM, speed, current draw, acceleration etc. So I'll be able to compare the new car with a standard TC6 to see if its any slower. I've been running the TC6 with shorty lipos to get a fair comparison.