R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Timeframe and Communication Are Key
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM
tmac19781999
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Timeframe and Communication Are Key

Ok I am not going to bash any particular person as it is not my style but I do have to bring to the attention of some as this is probably happen to most. I feel like if a person is on here selling or trading their rc possessions, it is you who has chose to do so willingly. I have had instances where I go to PM or email people on their products and wait and wait and wait for any kind of response from them to questions ask. I mean come on now you suppose to be selling your things so if someone is interested in buying or trading for it the courteous thing for you to do is get back to them at a reasonable time. Whether or not you are interested in the offer is irrelevant to the fact that it would be nice to let someone know one way or the other. Also it clearly states in the guidelines that one is to make available the best way they would like to be contacted. Now if you start off with an email then that should mean that throughout the transaction that is the way you want to communicate. If you choose to change over to another form it would be nice to let someone ( the other party) know. My final issue is with the fact that if you sell something to someone and they have paid you, it should not take time for you to at least let the buyer know when you plan on sending out their stuff. If you receive the payment promptly you should be ready to send the product promptly. Not whenever I get time now that I have your money I will send it out. To me that is disrespectful and borderline insulting. If you sold something to someone and agreed on a price or trade, do not then go back and say well i can do whatever because well I am doing you a favor by selling to you at a different price or I am taking a lost on the trade value. Hey, there are only two words that can be sum up from a offer. Yes or No. No one force you into any deal you do not want. Just think that some people feel like the world owe them everything for what they are selling and trading. Dont reallly want to get rid of something, simple, don't post it on here. Side Note also: I think we need to figure out a way to let people know that it is not ok to say for sale or trade and then right after posted the first offer for a trade made the seller comes back with an answer like well I really on want money and not wanting to trade. If you do not plan on trading do not put it in the title and if you change your mind afterwards remove it from the title. Save plenty of people headaches but being straightforward from the start.