R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
bkspeedo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yogii
I hate to change the topic but can someone give me some info on what a good long lasting 17.5 motor would be. I purchased a Thunder Power 17.5 last September only too run it in 3 races and last night the motor had no top end. I thought my speed controller had lost it’s bind with radio but that was not it. I always take 4 balance batteries to the race 1 to practice with, 2 too qualify with and 1 for the A main. Well the motor did great the 1st 2 qualifiers, but the final race it did 1 or 2 great practice laps and poof no top end. This morning I took motor apart could’t see anything wrong. I’m thinking it’s in the timing bell. I have no means of testing this area, or even know what it’s for. I have never adjusted the timing I left it ware it came on 20 degree mark. If you are thinking what speed controller I’m using, that would be the Tiken RS Pro. Any suggestions for a rookie. Thanks
Most likely the Sensor board is bad, this can happen with any motor. I've been running 2 ThunderPower motors 3-4 race days a week since the beginning of January with no issues. I my opinion the TP 17.5 with a Green rotor is the faster motor I've ever used. Stick with it, there small, light weight, and run cooler than most.

FYI for TC 17.5 blinky run an FDR around 3.8 with timing set to 35 & a fan for a track size around 45x96ft, wicked fast.