R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - anyone still drive the yokomo YR4-M2 pro?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Ok. Last night, I spent $24 to buy front diff outdrives, $5 for diff balls, $15 for rear belts and $7 for diff ring. And I spent $80 in the past couple of months for this car except the electronics. Maybe I should've bought a new car in the first place. I'm converting the one way diff to fixed ball diff. I didn't get any spool system because 1. there's no option part available for this car, 2. HB TCX part seems to be fit for this car but the pulley seems a bit too big(39T vs 33T in YR). It's hard to tell just by looking online. I'm gonna need some help on this from you guys.
From my research, nobody uses one way front diff drive anymore nowdays except on some drift cars. So that's why I'm doing this. And I saw an article saying that solid axle(spool? is it same?) on the front is better traction-wise than ball diff. Touring cars nowdays barely seem to use gear diff on the front except Team magic's car. So I guess most prefer solid axle(fixed spool...whatever) on the front?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
How about the rear. Some cars have gear and some have ball diff. Do you guys find them any different from each other?

I now have plenty of parts for this car and seem to be able to run this car at least for 10 years LOL. If this car still sucks after this major upgrade(I even bought low profile servo, and am thinking of buying a new ESC. I already have 6.5T and 17.5T motors), I won't put any more effort anymore. Getting fed up with spending too much time on trying to get the parts and upgrading.