R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pixy black Carb settings
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 07:34 AM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

High speed needle... 5 turns out
Mid-range needle... flush with carb body.. DON'T TOUCH THIS ONE
low speed needle... 3 turns out

These settings will be alittle on the rich side and you can tune from there. There is no one set needle setting... Base settings are to get you close, then you fine tune from there... Run the car and see what the engine is telling you. Any smoke coming from the stinger, is temp to low, is the temp to high, does the engine shut off when I pull the trigger??? A good racing temp for that motor is 230* "F" Set your low speed first by leaning it until it doesn't shut off when you pull the trigger from being to rich... Also pinch the full line... You should have a 3-4 sec count before the engines shuts off... Now start tuning the high speed needle for speed and power... Always check that you have smoke coming out of the stinger from the pipe and your engine temp is not over 200* "F"... Remember, driving the motor easy will not bring your engine temp up... Only when you drive it hard and at speed will the temp go up. Not sure what the temp is in your area of the world nor if your engine was broken in properly... I have a 3 port black pixy and also a 5 port black pixy... Never had a problem tuning them and my carb settings are rock solid... Hope the info helps and the base settings will get you close...

RC_Alan