R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
90% of the dirt comes from that opening, being that this is onroad the dirt is not much of an issue, i am still on my original gear set and its not chunked up. I take my car apart every week anyway so cleaning it is not much of an issue for me!

Got a chance to run the IFS yesterday, I broke the track record for laptime,qualifying and main with my FQ01 -104. the past record was 11.525 i ran 11.2. in practice with my FGX i ran a best of 11.3 but the issue was the tab on the lower linkage that is used for the cantilever rod. if i came in contact with anyone or rubbed the wall it would move and throw the car off so i opted not to race it . So it looks like i am going to have to machine a lower arm before i get it back on the track. i pulled off the 11.3's with a fair amount of push, i am confident i could pull off an 11 flat with the right tires but i didnt spend time messing with it. The 104's have exit push that doesnt exist with my FGX and i feel this is where i can gain time along with the superior turn in.
On the one parking lot track we've run in the UF1 series so far, the FGX was superior, even stock, to the F-104, solid axle pan cars need a smooth surface to have an advantage to fully suspended cars, they really should not even be in the same class