R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by goehm
Stock truck?

Front: Black spring, 30 oil, piston 3
Rear: Orange spring, 30 oil, piston 4

For the heat - are you running timing in your ESC? If so, take that out. I'm actually running a 13T pinion in my Tekin 4600. If your motor is like the Tekin, then you probably want to be in the 13 or 14T range. I ran 15 and it was crazy fast.

Since 3-5-2 didn't work, try 5-5-3, or bump to 7-5-3 like you were thinking about. I think 3 in the front and 2 in the rear is probably just too thin.

Rather then go stock and make changes one by one, you really might want to adjust directly to Aaron Lane's setup and then fine tune from there. I think to get that all you need are the new spring packs and a bag of pistons. And I think you need the swaybar kit.

Yup its the stock truck . Im not sure about using a team driver setup though i had some before on my other trucks that dint fit my driving and i like doing my own anyways. The timing on my motor i bet there is some but i need to get the Toro programing card i like the Esc though ! Yea the 15t pinion was crazy on the straight to much .

The 14t was better more control.

Im going to try 5,5,3 diff setup for sure. Them stock springs you listed im getting for sure.

The swaybars il take a look at them the stock ones do look pretty thin.