R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 04-29-2012, 05:19 PM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It is only quiet on the boards. Hopefully everyone else is out exercising their cars!

We had our opening season race this weekend at Jackson RC. Officially kicking off the first outdoor season with the A700.

Testing motors, batteries, ESC and tires and most of all figuring out what it is going to take to get the A700 dialed in. Interestingly enough, the only screws I turned all day was changing motors. I wanted to see what the car would do throughout the day as the track & temps changed. Coming weekends - we will start to tweaking of the chassis a bit.

The got faster every round. The track came in well. The more the bite came in - the better the car got.

I was really happy with the car. Love the new Hot Bodies Suburu C on asphalt. My usual standby has been the LTC on asphalt, like the way the Sub got around the track. The weather conditions were definitely early spring, east-coast style. A bit cold and windy. Track temps were never over 100 degrees but the bite was pretty good. Plenty of 'feel' in the car, consistent. Didn't do anything goofy.

The field had a bit of a rough start but once we all made out of corner 1 it was good

Very promising. From a feel standpoint, the car already is better than the 417 is placed in the ROAR Nats A-main last year. It generate bite and is consistent.

Two races so far this year - one TQ & two second place finishes.

Last edited by MDawson; 04-29-2012 at 05:40 PM.