R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Uh oh, got myself into some trouble here.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Hpi_Noob
Tech Rookie

Default Uh oh, got myself into some trouble here.

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the right place, but here's the deal. Long time rc enthusiast, newby rc owner. Ive had my truck about 3 months now, and generally speaking I love it. I've got an HPI Trophy truggy f4.6, pullstart. Everything on the truck is stock other than the pullstart, the first one melted on me. The truck has about 12-15 tanks run threw it at this point.

So today I was out running my truck, and I had a bit of a mishap. Apparently one of the wire leads on the battery pack in my truck broke off (No idea how), and the truck floored its self and I lost complete control of the steering and throttle.

The truck hit one tree, did a backflip off of it and landed on its side and kept going, high a second tree, another flip and landed on its side. Finally flipped its self over and after about 4 seconds it died. Took about 15 minutes to figure out the broken wire lead issue, got that fixed and now have full control again.

Next issue was the engine was locked. Pulled it off and took it apart, obvious issue.

I tried to post a picture, but Im not allowed. So the damage is piston connecting rod shredded, slight damage to the bottom of the piston shirt, full of metal shavings, no noticeable damage to the crank.

Now my questions are, do I need a new crank/piston? How do I get the sleeve out? Do they make upgraded pistons/rods/sleeves, possibly out of better material? Best prices? Can I get an upgraded heatsink?

As mentioned before this is a F4.6 on a trophy truck.

Thanks for any help!