R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New brand question
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
kman16jr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I can say caster has improved bigtime from their bad years for sure,everytime i went to a race the team drivers would be setup working on there cars and fixing all the time so they simply switched brands and havent ran since thier bad batch of cars,NOW im racing and they said not to buy caster as the they were team drivers and the cars had alot of issues but i looked at the main sheets and they werent so impressive and that does effect their personal opinion on the car.SO i bought one a caster ex1.5r shortly after i sold my ae rc8be and i can say this car is THE BEST car i have driven so far,The only buggies i have not driven are the serpent and the team c and the durango so i cant comment on their handling characteristics.The car simply drives drives better than the other cars i have driven such as the mugen mbx6 eco,ofna hyper 9e,ae rc8be,ae rc8e,losi 8ight-e & 2.0,all of which i owned and driven previously.I was actually going to buy a serpent 811e for 475$ but i deliberately chose to drop the cash on the caster and im glad i did because it again to me is the best car i have driven and it gives the tracks some variety.Alot of the guys that said caster sucks to me i told them to simply drive my car and see what they thought(the new car) and once they driven it on the track they were totally impressed on the complete turn around caster has done,No one believed me until i gave them my controller but if thats the way it has to be to get casters bad rep up than i guess everybody and their mom will drive my caster e-buggy because im not to worried about them breaking this tankSo at the end of the day i can say im proud to own a caster ex1.5r and proud to be a team driver for caster racing and will continue to be.