R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak GTX
Thread: Novak GTX
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 07:50 PM
GundamWZero
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ottoman
The big name sponsored drivers get the latest best equipment because they ARE the best drivers. They are not the best drivers because they get the best equipment! I have been to enough big races to know that MOST of the time the locals dont compete with the big name guys... they just get in their way on the track. Sorry to tell you that the top guys are in a league of their own. I really hate it when guys tell me "if I just had Barry Bakers battery's" (for example) they could race with the A main guys... it just doesnt work that way. Do you really think that if Novak gave some guy in the C main the prototype speed control he could have made the B or the A? And do you think he could give them quality feedback about the speed control? I dont!
Okay.....

I said to myself to let this go, however.........

There are better drivers out there than the Sponsered ones, I personally seen a sponsered Losi driver get owned on his own track by a local! Not twice, but three times! Yes there are better drivers out there, they don't either live where the hobby is affluent, but they are out there. I have been through that "Barry Bakers" phase too. Where it got me? A wall! But I know that I have to continue to drive better for myself. However, again I say, there are far better drivers out there that deserves their "A Main of Fame".

As far as quality feedback? We ALL are quality feedback representives, not just the Pros. When a product fails, you turn it in (if you didn't do anything stupid with it) explain to the technicians what went wrong and they will either repair it or give you a new one. If a lot of people return a product that has the same problem, they make revisions, or redesign the whole system altogether. That is what some people call "customer feedback".

Look either way, they get the better end than we do. What do the major manufacturers have to fear? Losing to their own equipment? As far as I know there are three major ESC producers Novak, LRP, and Tekin. I challenge you to take a walk around the pits and see what ESC is in your competitors car. Better yet, I challenge the "sponsered drivers go to their local hobby store, purchase a brand new motor, esc, and batteries, tweak whatever they want out of it and then go to a sanctioned race and win. I would be even bold to say got to a local race with local equipment and see what happens.