R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Airtronics MT4 Drop Down By GridRC
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Team Grid RC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
As much as I'd love a drop down for my MT4 to make it more like my M11 or M8(damn changing to the new radio was hard, but worth while) I think buisness wise its a good decision on you guys. Your stuff rocks, and would be well worth the $60, but I too have to chime in that it would just be too much money for me to spend on the radio to get the feel back of my old one after I've finaly gotten used to holding this one a little different to make it feel okay. Had I just gotten the radio though I probobly would have shelled out the $60 for the drop down
This is the second time around trying to do this project again and basically same feedback from the majority.

It is unfortunate with any CNC project, customers don't understand the machining costs involved to produce any product. The cost to operate a CNC machining center, lubrication, hydro, and machine operator costs and hours to mill.

People jump on radio wraps for $35, which cost pennies to print. Same people willing to shell out $40 for a back light kit that cost a few dollars to manufacture.

People have already told us that their top upgrades for the MT4 is a back light and radio wrap because it has a higher cool factor over a drop down???

I am sure Sanwa will come out with a plastic injected drop down for the M12 that also can be used on the MT4 for $50 that cost pennies to produce and people will line up for it. This is the funny nature of the consumer marketplace.

Last edited by Team Grid RC; 04-27-2012 at 06:06 PM.