R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
It has everything to do with the talent pool. If everyone started to race mod…then all the issues that you see in spec would be the same issues in mod…New motors and Batteries would matter just as much as they do in stock this is a part of racing and it will never change unless you take it out of equation…with hand out motors and such. If everyone is running 4.5 motors just saying...then the guy with the fastest 4.5 is king. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that motors and batteries don’t matter in mod…they only don’t matter at this stage because the pool isn’t that deep….once it gets deeper it will matter like it always has. Maybe you guys were not around when there was more than 1 or 2 mains at a ROAR nationals but when there was I can guarantee that your motors and batteries mattered….they don’t now because the talent level or pool is lowered.
Going to the ETS and watching the Mod guys in Poland HP deff made a big difference on their size tracks. Alex Hagberg had more power than anyone in the building and actually took his production speedo out because it was so fast and he already had it de-tuned and no other motors to swap out. He put his prototype speedo back in to make it slower and easier to drive and yet he still had more rip than anyone. Hard to believe but I was pitting with him and watched it...LOL

Another point when Alex was here at my track practicing mod 12th scale he got his car very good at our track and said that he was happy with it. I had him put one of my batteries in versuse what he was using and he went .15 faster average per lap. Ran again with his battery and he slowed back down. No other changes.

So yea at the top level when the talent pool is deep motors and batteries make a difference.

EA