View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Roelof
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Mod is the only true spec class IMO, all the drivers are
equal in motor , battery & ESC ......

Bonus !
No one in mod has to come off the drivers stand thinking his team mates are less than honest ....
I do not complletly agree with you. Yes, with running modified you do accept the fact that others can be faster because the materials are unlimited but for sure in the mod no one is equal.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
One thing I find funny in this thread lately is how many guys automatically think that as soon as someone beats them they are cheating.
Yes... Ever wondered why people are faster in a stock class with a zero degree ESC? I have seen people jumping out of corners as if they have a some kind of boost program as also some people are a lot faster on the straight while all drivers are running the same final drive ratio.
The blinky LED rule is a nice rule but special firmwares and even with some soldering the blinky LED can be made while still running with timings.
The handout ESC without programming options is the best choice as with the motor to prevent such cheating through other tricks like rotating the sensor plate or bend over or resolder the sensors

Ofcourse still there differences due tolerances but they are small, within some tenths of a seccond.