R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 AM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by USP45
I did not understand what everyone was talking about when they mentioned "nosediving" ...... until tonight. I ran on a smaller indoor track last weekend and had no issues, but there were no really long jumps. Then I ran on another larger indoor track tonight with some larger jumps. Oh man did I look like I was clueless, my poor front bumper has taken a BEATING tonight! If I did not hold a lot, and I mean A LOT of throttle coming off of the jump I would land squarly on the front bumper. And once it started going nose down not even full throttle could save it. I could just watch and wait for the hit.

Anyway, I am going to move weight back as I weight front/rear and found the chassis to be at about 52/48 right now. I may cut the front box up and mount the reciever in the rear behind the motor. One way or another I need to do something about the jumping attitude. Besides moving weight back and staying on the throttle while jumping are there any setup tricks to help?

I found that te servo saver was loose which I think was contributing to a big lack of on power steering, but I am also going to try 3-4-2 in the diffs. Over all he truck drove all right, but I was super nervous every time the tripples came up due to the jumping attitude. I was ready to tape an 1/8 scale wing to back of the truck by the end of the race...

Yup i raced at a indoor carpet offroad track last night and it did the same thing yours was doing the thing i did was stay on the throttle in the air and blip the throttle on big jumps. But the best thing i figured out is to not hit the jumps with a lot of speed just enough speed and it will land good no nosediving .

But a harder front spring and stiffer shock oil or a front ride height change will slove that problem i think.

As for diff oil i was running 3,5,2 on a carpet surface it wasnt bad but the rear end needed heavyer diff oil it was gripping to much and traction rolling at times but that could be the tires i was using. I cant tell you really what diff oil to run .

The servo saver i cranked my down to two treads with locktight on the treads and man this truck was turning and had a lot of turn in !