R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak GTX
Thread: Novak GTX
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 12:08 AM
GundamWZero
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ottoman
Tekin DID go out of business.... I wont buy their products untill I see that they will stay in business this time. I dont care how great people say a product is... any electronic part can fail... even if its due to abuse I want to know it can get serviced.
I thought I had a problem with my GT7 at last years Novak race... I went up to Charlie from Novak and asked him about it and he just handed me a new one.... it turned out it wasnt the speed control but he told me to keep the new one anyway... thats the type of service Novak gives.... on the other hand there is no way to know about the latest version of the Tekin company's support or the quality of its products... remember its under new ownership/management and they just started shipping products this summer. So before you tell me how great Tekin is.... maybe that should be "was"... lets wait and watch for a while to see how the "New" Tekin fares.
I think you got it wrong partner, Tekin never went out of business. They stopped selling their speedos, which was the bulk of their product line. As far as the rest, they continues with selling their chargers and maintained their product support line, i.e. customer service. Don't ask me why they stopped developing speedos, I am not the CEO.

As far as support of products, you said it yourself, you was at a Novak Sponsered Event. Of course they are gonna give you a new speedo......they had plenty to give! If I was there with a Tamyia Fox converted to a on road racer, I'd probally got one too. What you describe to me wasn't customer support, that was public relations. Try that at a Worlds or National event and see if you'd get another, "just like that".

I not going to wait for either Novak or Tekin to come out with a "hot, high speed, technologically advanced speedo". I like my Cyclone TC2 very much and the next speedo I will buy will be an Aveox.....