R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Jonny5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
I'm thinking of getting a 210(my first 2wd buggy) as soon as Tower has them in stock to take advantage of the super saver discount.

What is the preferred Lipo of choice, shorty or standard stick pack? And what capacity Lipo's give a good balance of light weight and decent runtime, 3800/4200 shorties or 5-6k sticks?
Shorty pack all the way man, at least for clay or other med/high bite tracks. What we found was that a full size pack puts too much weight on the rear axle and the car has too much rear traction. Switching to a shorty run all the way forward really woke the car up, and there is still tons of rear grip. Outdoor season has started, so we'll try the stick pack again and see what works best. Our local outdoor track is 1/8 style and usually pretty loose.

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I did replace the bearing and rebuilt my driveshaft. and I have no droop screws installed (more off power steering). I notice it with freshly balanced wheels as well. I think it happens when the outdrive transitions fron the worn part to the non worn part. Let me know what your guys cars do? Thanks
Worn outdrives can definitely be the cause, but running the max amount of droop will do it even with new outdrives.