R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - amainhobbies shipping prices seem high?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 PM
RAlmeida
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
I order almost everything from amain, and when I do, it's usually big orders so the shipping isn't a big deal. As far as my local hobby shops are concerned, I almost never buy from them. i do buy from the guy at our indoor track, but it's almost a 2 hour drive and I rarely get there.

We do have 2 local hobby shops in our area about a half hour from where I live. i have tried and tried to deal with both of them, and neither will really support anything but traxxas, and has no interest in helping us out. I have tried to get them to start carrying decent fuel, and getting some of their customers to come to our track, to try and get them some business, but they are not interested. As hard as it is for hobby shops to make it, it blows my mind they don't get some of their customers together and come and bring their slashes or whatever they have to our track and run some. You don't need to buy new parts, unless your on the track breaking them. I really can't beilieve ow poorly ran the place is. They seem to have little interest in stirring up interest in racing.
Hobby shops make a lot more money on bashers than they will on racers. It is a fact, bashers break and upgrade there equipment WAY more often than a racer will. 90% of racers take care of there equipment and do not bash it, and are always looking for a deal.