R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Anyone?
Thread: Nitro Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 05:01 PM
Big Tim O
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

I like the idea of running ROAR rules "in spirit" for the 200mm nitro class (while cutting additional slack for the RTRs).

I am new to Mpls and haven't raced nitro or electrics for many years. After watching a couple of races last fall, I got hooked again and recently purchased a Nitro TC3 and all the radio, engine and starter equipment from Mark and Dan at Hobbytown.

My hope is to participate in the Hobbytown series as well as the HOA series and perhaps a regional or national event here and there. As a result, it would be great to be able to be competitive at the Hobbytown series without having to invest in additional equipment that isn't ROAR legal for 200mm TC. However, given the size of the Hobbytown tracks, I think that the only significant advantage from "breaking" the rules is in changing from a Touring Car shell to a Lola or GTP shell. Extra bottom end from engine mods or "outlaw" pipes definitely wouldn't hurt but shouldn't be as significant. Just no big blocks.

I would like to be as competitive as the next person and would vote for fewer classes vs more. The fun is in learning how to improve one's driving and tuning skills in hopes of qualifying into a higher main. It isn't as much fun when there is only a handful of racers per class.

Slap on the foams, squirt in the nitro and let's race.