R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Root_66
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 1/12th Xi

Just got this car and I have been itching to get one since the IIC race. The inline set has been very intriguing to me. Built the car and it went very well. A++ for the fit and finish of a car that is under $200. I only have a regular size 1 s battery so I installed it in the inline configuration. added the speedo to the left side of the car and the receiver on the right. Set the tweek and ran the car for the first time on Sunday. I was so anxious to practice and get a few laps in and so I forgot to sauce the tires and went out to run. The car was dialed with no sauce and was by far the best car I have driven straight out of the box 13.5 blinky. So if the car ran this well without sauce on asphalt then I knew it would be even better with sauce. Boy was I right. First round of qualifying and the car was amazing. Turned on a dime and boy did it have corner speed. Now all I have to do is change my driving style and not baby it so much in the corners like my old 1/12th scale car. I need to be more aggressive with it and when I started to push it more in the second qualifier it felt even better. Had to leave before the mains so no third run.

I just have to let people know and bump this thread up. The car is amazing to drive right out of the box. Looking forward to getting the car dialed in even more as the weeks continue. I would like to get the CRC shorty pack and re-arrange the electronics to be more balaced in the car eventually. As for now I keep dialing it in as is.

Thanks CRC racing!