R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Orrca vic approved blinky escs
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 AM
The Fuhrer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
and your the other whinger!

and whats a worlds driver playing the stock game anyway?
Well, my World's campaign was tainted by a chassis purchased from an unreliable source

Originally Posted by ray_munday
I thought your recent pleasant rctech demeanour would soon disappear!

SCT was a demo class at the Vics last year... and since Shane tends to look after scrutineering at Keilor, and the Vics are at Keilor this year, Id say it will follow the stock shootout and be very tightly controlled.

As for the ORRCA Vic rounds, Im sure if you hadnt brought it up no one would even have noticed Luke LOL.

Personally I would rather see a more relaxed attitude at state rounds, as I dont think people would deliberately cheat and but I am a mod racer so my opinion doesnt count for much

I think its a bit unfair for some of you guys to bag out the rule makers though. Spec racing, by its nature, requires rules and its up to the manufacturers to get their equipment on the latest lists. Doing a quick google search there are a lot of people selling up their Orion ESCs as they arent on the lists.
If the lists werent adhered to, there would be just as many people complaining that person x was cheating by using speed control y etc.

Luke, as Neil stated, probably your best bet is to speak to John and see if the clubs will agree to being lenient at state rounds (for all brands of ESC). People using boost will be pretty easy to spot....

Ray
It took a known value to get into the groove. Please note I'm going easy on sppelling/grammmar.

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
I would hope that all racers would encourage more choices for blinky escs. Seriously why do we cling onto old tech so much in offroad 1/10 rc? Onroad has seen the light and gone to 21.5t why cant we? Many onroad clubs os run blinky classes and the orion esc is allowed even though it is not on a list. Why do we constantly not embrace new tech? We are always behind eighth scale and onroad in adopting new things. Why cant we lead rather than follow?

It would be nice if we had a process for approvals rather than having to wait for roar or brca. Is it that hard to test?
+1

Originally Posted by hacker
stop moaning and speak to your orrca vic rep.

stop whining and speak to the local orion distributors and get them aboard to put the orions on the arrmcc esc blinky list.

once you have done that, and a couple of months have passed by and nothing has happened, then I give you permission to whine like a biatch
Al, stop posting on the non for sale threads!