R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

EA-

Personally, I love the idea of handout motor and Speedo. I think for once we can really see how good people are and remove the potential advantage that can be gained if you know the right person or know the tricks to get around a lot of the current rules. I think the Euro's have it right and think that the US race scene could learn a thing or two about what makes some of these classes more successful. Sometimes even the perception of equipment that does not meet the standard specs is enough to create doubt in one's ability to compete. It would be nice to compete with my peers based on my ability to setup my car and drive it rather then electronic configuration or advantage.

Not sure I am personally ready to drop the middle class between stock and mod. I personally like the idea of having a middle class where the best stock drivers and the worst mod drivers meet to compete. Going from 17.5 blinky to boosted mod is a huge leap...and I personally think people get better in progression rather then with a leap into the deep end. If I wanted to swim the English channel you had better practiced in something larger then a hot tub...just sayin'